Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby "Jogger" PR


Isabella and I got her birthday weekend started off on the right foot by setting a Baby "Jogger" PR with the "Blue Bomber"(aka BOB). Despite a tough headwind we blazed out hard with the lead group and tried to remain as competitive as possible for as long as possible. As I pushed hard through the opening miles, Isabella clutched firmly to her raffle tickets for the post race drawing and sported her new Princess helmet with style and grace(safety first).


With a little wind at our back, we rallied in the last mile to set ourselves up for a PR and the possibility of stealing 3rd place. The 3rd place thing didn't workout as we were outkicked by a few prideful souls in the last 400 meters, but we hung tough to finish in 17:48, beating last year's time by 18 seconds. All in all it was great fun, but Isabella is gettting heavier and I am getting older(and heavier as well), so I am not sure how many more "pushes" we have left.


Peace out!!!


1 comment:

DTP said...

17:48?? Are you kidding me?? Pushing Bob??
That is outstanding JC. I'll bet Isabella's eyes were watering from the wind going by. To even things out for the other people in the race I think you need to carry sand bags too.