Saturday, April 11, 2009

Two Mile Fitness Check

Jumped in the Tulip Festival 2 Miler this morning to see where my 5k and under fitness was and I ran a decent 10:40. The first mile was a bit uphill, then it headed out onto some trails. I hit the mile in 5:15 and started feeling a little winded very soon after. I had a few guys nipping at my heels and I kept them at bay until about 1.5 miles when one guy went by. I though I could hang back and kick as we came into the final 400, but that didn't happen, as I closed in 5:25.

I hung onto 2nd place and was fairly pleased with the race overall. I haven't gone faster then 5:15 or 5:25 in any of my recent workouts, so I guess it not too bad to step out and race faster then I've been training.

Spring is in the air, it's time to get fast!!!!!

No comments: