Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fragrance Lake Trail in 37:30!!!!

Imagine busting your hump for 4.4 miles and reading 37:30 on your watch!!!!

-My lungs burned
-My legs were wobbly
-My breathing sounded like a caged beast(scared a few hikers)
-I was on fire at 8:30 per mile climbing over 1000 feet in the first few miles

In successive weeks we have "jogged" this part of the trail in 46 and 48 minutes(which was tough), today was the day we put the pedal to the metal to see how racing this part of the trail would differ. My conclusion is it hurts whether you run it fast or slow, it's just a big climb, so it's better to just get it over with(as fast as possible).

1 comment:

t-train said...

interesting, cool experience. sounds like you should think about some mountain racing...Mt. Washington Road Race...7.6 miles up...NH!