Thursday, February 12, 2009

Orcas Island 25K

Just did my first trail race - what a blast! I have had an almost 2 year hiatus from any competition and since moving out to the Pacific Northwest I had been wanting to break into the trail running scene. This one was a lot of fun - despite being sick and just having come back from a week of wine and cheese in Nice (It's called a French Taper - you should all try it). I'll post a few pics below. I hope everyone is well. Cheers, Jude

Here's the race profile - with about 6000 of elevation gain.






Below are a couple of views of Mt. Baker from the top of Mount Constitution (mile 7 on the run)

This is the aid station... and I mean THE aid station. The only one on the course. Also no plastic or paper cups. Everything is BYOB here in the tree-hugging Pacific Northwest.
Did I mention the snow? We had about a foot of snow on about a mile of the course near the top of Mt Constitution. Didn't have my snowshoes either. This is me about 15 minutes from the aid station.
Take care. See you all before too long. Jude

2 comments:

RUNRACEWA said...

Awesome post Jude. I enjoyed the pics. Keep on running!!!

t-train said...

great post jude! pics really brought me there!!! showed a couple of my athletes, they dug it!